One of my childhood best friends live in Australia, and she prepared this wholesome, refreshing salad when we visited her. The bright, zippy lemon-honey vinaigrette wakes up the palate and complements the fruits quite well.
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Strawberries, sliced
- Grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
(pith and membrane removed)
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Romaine lettuce
- Sliced almond, lightly toasted
- Mix honey and lemon juice in a large bowl. To emulsify lemon-honey mixture and oil, slowly drizzle extra virgin olive oil into the honey-lemon mixture and whisk vigorously until the vinaigrette is homogenous. Set aside. (If emulsification breaks, simply whisk again).
- Drizzle honey lemon vinaigrette over arugula, and romaine lettuce. Top with sliced strawberries, grapefruit, cherry tomatoes, and toasted almond slices.